Today's post is about my latest army. As soon as I saw Ahriman I knew I wanted a Thousand Sons Army. This has just been reinforced by Amon, the Sekhmet Terminators, and of course Magnus. With this in mind I have painted the first Marine. It is always wise to trial your paint scheme on a model prior to committing to an army.
Here's the pictures:
The painting stages are:
- Under coat Citadel Chaos Black
- Air brush Vallejo Model Air Gold
- Spray in light coats Tamiya Clear Red, to build the candy apple colour
- Paint the trims GW Retributor Gold
- Paint the white parts GW Celestria Grey
- Paint the metal GW Iron Breaker
- Paint the eyes GW Warpstone Glow
- Apply Transfers now.
- Apply gloss varnish other the transfers to stop the ink in the next step staining them.
TIP: Always varnish the whole panel, it blends in more on the finished model.
- Wash with a 50:50 mix of Army Painter Strong Tone water based ink and Future Klear