Pages

Monday 11 May 2015

Imperial Knight, Part 2

Last march, i started building a couple of Imperial Knights.  The reason this build faltered was because for two issues I couldn't resolve at the time.  The release of the new knight kits has prompted me to pull my finger out, sort out the issues and get more paint on.

First up, my issue was the gold was too flat.  It should be really sparkling and gold in colour.  For some reason it looked more cooper.  To this end, I looked too 'Imperial Armour - Model Masterclass Volume two' the Imperial Reaver Titan.  Forgeworld used a product called brass and rub, believing this was the answer to my prayers I promptly purchased some.  I have to say, I have been very pleased with the results.  I can't recommend this enough.  I dry brush over a warplock Bronze base coat, wash with Agrax earth shade, then light dry brush again.  It looks fantastic.

The second issue was the coat of arms.  Now I think I did a good job of painting the quartered checker on the shoulder of my first knight, but  I simply don't like the simple geometric pattern.  This pattern of bone and black is just not my idea of a very knightly coat of arms.  I do however like the rest of the House Terryn colour scheme.  My solution has been to buy some 28 mm Knight Shield transfers from Battle Flag.  These are fixed to the right fore shoulder plate.  As I can't get a smaller size, they won't appear on the left knee, but I will put something here instead.

So far I have the shoulders of three knights completed.  I'm going to hit the armour plates first then the main model.  Reason being, the body is very quick to paint so the model will "come together" very quickly.

Anyway, on to pictures!















No comments:

Post a Comment